The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information we may obtain about you. As a user of the services provided by Channels and by using the Channels website generally you agree to this use.
WHO WE ARE
‘Channels’ is furniture designer, maker and retailer operated by Channels Design Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 06394153. Our showroom and mailing address is 1-3 New King’s Road, London, SW6 4SB, U.K. You can contact us at this address, or by emailing HQ@channelsdesign.com, or by calling 020 7371 0301.
DATA WE COLLECT
We only collect data which is necessary for its purpose. Data we collect include:
- Personal information such as your name, email, phone number and delivery address when you place an order (in store, at an event, online or by phone) or register an account;
- payment information when you place an order;
- contact information and preferences when you register your interest in our marketing communication;
- information about your browser, device and the path you take through our website when you visit.
This is sensitive data which we keep securely in our systems. The exception is card payment details captured online which are sent to and managed securely by our payment service provider. Channels does not keep a record of your card number, expiry date, or security code.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR DATA
We only use your personal information for the reason it was collected, either with your consent, to perform a contract with you, or where we have a legitimate interest (where our interests do not override yours) to do so. For example:
- To register you with an account on our website;
- to fulfil an order and to deliver your goods;
- for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services we offer and to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme;
- for the prevention and detection of fraud;
- where you allow us to do so, we will inform you by email and /or postal mail about products and services that we consider may be of interest to;
- to administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
Where we have collected your date in relation to an account sign up, the information we process will be based on legitimate interest we have in administering that account to enable you to safely access your order history and the personal details you have provided us with.
Where data has been collected in relation to an order, it will be processed by necessity of entering into a contract whereby the payment you provide requires us to fulfil your order request.
Where date has been collected in relation to marketing, we rely on your consent.
If you have indicated that you would like to be contacted for direct marketing purposes we rely solely on your consent. At the time of sign up, you can choose which methods of direct marketing you would like to receive, from either email, and /or postal mail.
We will hold this data for seven years following your last interaction with our marketing programme, including opening an email or logging to visit our website. After this point, your information will be removed from our marketing database.
You can opt out of email marketing at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any email. You can also opt out of email or any other form of communication from us by emailing HQ@channelsdesign.com, or by phoning 020 7371 0301.
SHARING YOUR DATA
We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- Employees and agents of Channels to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by Channels now or in the future;
- anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you, in particular order fulfilment, and payment services providers;
- data processors, data analytics tool and marketing partners;
- if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled to do so.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA RIGHTS
- You have the right to ask us what information we hold about you.
- You have the right to ask for your data to be deleted or corrected.
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing your data.
- You have the right to stop receiving marketing from us.
If you have a question about the way we use your data, please contact us by emailing HQ@channelsdesign.com or phoning 020 7371 7766.
We will endeavour to answer questions and handle concerns and complaints swiftly. If we cannot resolve the problem for you, you can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): https://ico.org.uk/
New technologies are emerging on the Internet that help us to deliver customised visitor experiences. In particular, there is a technology called “cookies”, which may be used by us to provide you with customised information from our website. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Cookies also allow us to make our website more user friendly by, for example, allowing us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our website.
Channels is a secure website. Every time you enter an area of the site that carries or requires sensitive information such as your credit card details, an icon resembling a padlock will appear at the bottom of your browser window. This is an indication that the site is secure.
Channels uses the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Private Communications Technology security standards that are supported by Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or later and other popular browsers.
We accept orders only from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology – this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection.
SSL encodes your personal information and all your transactions are protected by the powerful SSL encryption technology. SSL encrypts your credit card number, name, address, phone number, identification number and password as it travels through the Internet, so that it cannot be read by anyone other than the secure server.